Thursday, June 7, 2007

well, the doc finally caved...

Well, had my Doc appointment this morning to monitor my Blood Pressure and here is how it went...

My blood pressure is still slightly elevated, but he really isn't too concerned about it since it is lower than Monday. He then checked my cervix and unfortunately I still am not dilated at all and he classified the cervix as still unfavorable. :( He then told me to get dressed and he would talk to me about everything. Well, of course I had already waited an hour or so just to be seen and then waited around another 45 minutes just to talk to him again! Got to love it when you see the popular good doc. :) Anyways, he brought me in and after much deliberation thought that I should maybe wait a week and see if the cervix opens up on it's own. I said that normally I would agree, but given the circumstances I feel like I really have no other option but to try to induce on Monday. I told him I was afraid that Eli would be too big if I waited much longer and I wouldn't even have a CHANCE of delivering naturally, plus my husband is getting here from his leave from Iraq sometime Wednesday - Friday and he really wants the baby to be born before he gets here. He thought that was odd, but I explained to him how short of a time he has here and he is afraid that he'll be here a week waiting for him to be born and then only get a couple days with him. He said he can understand that and if I want to try the induction then he would schedule it. I said, okay, let's give it a try. He said he still feels like there is about a 50% chance of my cervix not ripening or the baby being too big and still having to do a C-section, but he thinks that we are at the point where we should definitely TRY and have the baby naturally. I asked him if he thought I was foolish for trying without the cervix being favorable and he said that if I didn't have the situation with my husband, then yes he would think I was foolish, but when you factor everything in, he understands why I want to do it. So, I am now going in to be admitted Sunday at 5:00 pm and they will insert something to try to ripen the cervix, (Don't remember exactly what this is called) then Monday morning, the 11th, they will start the Pitocin drip and try that for 6-8 hours and see if they can start the contractions. There is still a chance that I could not take to the Pitocin AT ALL and he would have to reschedule it for another day. If I do start contracting and going into labor, but I am not progressing, then he said there is a good chance of a c-section. So, I feel like we are doing all we can to have the baby here, but if that's not what God wants, then he'll be born when my hubby gets here and maybe that is his plan. I don't think it is, but we'll see. I really feel we need to do everything within our power since we have this opportunity. I really can't believe I have a date SET, and can't believe that we could have our little boy come Monday!!

Another thing is my birthday is the 12th, so knowing my luck, I'm prolly gonna end up having him on my birthday! I will be 38 wks 2 days on Monday. :)

So, that is the update! So, now the hope is that my cervix decides to open up at least a little on it's own!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Someone told me a week before my due date to enjoy my last week... b/c after that everything changes. So... my advice to you, little sis, is try to enjoy your last few days before your ENTIRE world will revolve around the little one and going anywhere will involve gathering enough gear for a week. :)

Anonymous said...

I agree w/your sis, these last few days are only for YOU!!! Your whole world will change again, there have been so many changes for you, but this one will be a good one. You will never be alone again girl!! So enjoy!
Love, CA Gramdma