Saturday, June 9, 2007

my ryan is coming... my ryan is coming...

Just received an email from Ryan that he did not get on a flight last night because they were canceled, but he put himself on a flight for Saturday afternoon and should be in Balad by night. He then flies to Kuwait, waits for a flight to Atlanta, and then to Charlotte hoping to be in Charlotte by late Sunday or early Monday!! Don't know if he will be able to get to any phones along the way, but he said he will try to call as the situation is often changing when you are dealing with the military! There is an 8 hour time difference so that helps a little with the flights from Iraq as you "gain" a little time on the way over. I do not envy him in the least doing all that traveling! It makes me shudder thinking about all the those trips I took between the states and Germany, and that was only dealing with a 6 hour time difference, and I was on commercial flights! I'm hoping his flight from Kuwait to Atlanta will be commercial, but I'm really not sure.

Please pray that he will stay alert and of course safe throughout his travels.

I, of course, cannot wait to see him! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome!!! I will pray that he gets there sooner, rather than later and that his flights and entire trip goes as smoothly as possible! Would he be able to be there for the birth of Eli then?