Thursday, June 7, 2007

Everything should be decided tomorrow!

Well, tomorrow is the deciding factor in EVERYTHING it seems! I have an appointment with Dr. Peach tomorrow at 9:45 am to check my blood pressure and decide what we are going to do about Eli. At my appointment on Monday my blood pressure was slightly elevated, so he was a little concerned and wanted me to come back to check on it again. If it is still high, he wants to admit me to monitor it. :( Not good news if you ask me! If this meant that they would induce me right away, then it wouldn't be so bad, but it just means having a bunch of tests for 24 hours and spending the night in the hospital.

If my blood pressure is fine, then we are supposed to determine when to induce. I will be 38 weeks on Saturday, but they don't induce on the weekends, so I'm hoping that Monday, the 11th will be the day! He is on call that day, so I am seriously going to push for that. If he does schedule it for Monday, then I would come in Sunday night and they would prep my cervix, then on Monday they would start the Pitocin and hopefully Eli would cooperate and come sometime Monday. My birthday is Tuesday, so I'm really hoping that he will come on Monday, so we can each have our own day. :) Grandma Bunt's birthday is the 11th, so that would be fun if they could share the day. I mean, honestly, I really don't care at this point, but I do have my little hopes about it!

Oh, if you hadn't heard, the Ultrasound showed him to be around 9 lbs 8 oz, so that is a main determining factor in inducing early. Plus I have come down with this horrid, itchy rash called P.U.P.P.S. that covers the majority of my body. It is similar to hives, but unfortunately will not clear itself up until Eli is born, and it is unbearable!

He also put me on bedrest until the appointment tomorrow, so I'm really hoping that something will be decided cause I am getting REALLY bored! :)

I'll update when I know something!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, it's almost time for your appointment, so I guess we'll know something soon. You better not miss my party tonight... :)