Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Attemping to catch up...

Well, I have been just a wee bit busy the last couple days, so blogging has not been a priority. :) Sorry to the extended family and friends!

I guess I just need to start somewhere and hope to eventually be caught up! Well, I guess I will start with our trip down to Georgia. :) Ryan had been dying to go down ever since he got here from Iraq and was thrilled when the Doctors said that it would be a possibility. :) There are quite a few people he hadn't seen since our wedding in November 2005, so he was thrilled at the prospect of seeing them and showing off our brand new little boy. Needless to say I was a little apprehensive about taking our brand new baby on his first road trip, but he really did beautifully and slept most of the way. We only stopped one time for me to feed him, and it only added about 45 minutes onto the trip. We got in at about 10:00 pm on Thursday night and hung out with his parents for a little while and then I went up to try to get some sleep. :) Ryan's mom, Gramma Leigh Leigh, was kind enough to stay up and take care of Eli and would bring him up when it was time for him to eat! It was really nice to actually get a few hours of uninterrupted sleep in between his feedings! I think she enjoyed the time with him as much as we enjoyed a little extra sleep time. :) She actually did this Friday night as well, so I'm really thankful for that! I know she was pretty exhausted, but it was definitely much appreciated!

On Friday many visitors came and went and Ryan was able to introduce Eli to his Nana and some good friends of his. Ryan and I were also able to leave Eli with Gramma Leigh Leigh and Nana and go out to Lunch and make a trip to Barnes and Noble. :) It was nice to spend some more alone time together and I think Gramma and Nana enjoyed Eli as well. We then had dinner that night with family and friends and ended up having a relaxing evening with his family before heading off to bed. We planned on leaving Saturday night, so after Ryan got up to go with his brother and Dad out to get coffee and do some shopping, we had a nice relaxing day with his family getting to watch a movie and just hang out. A few more friends stopped in and then we went out to eat at Sonny's with his parents before making a quick trip over to his Nana's and then heading back up to North Carolina. I hope I'm not forgetting too much, but we had a really good time, and Ryan was sooo happy to be back in his home town for a little while.
Here are a few pics from the trip! Hope you enjoy!

-love ya,
bette anne
Nana's first Moments with Eli!

Nana and Gramma Leigh Leigh enjoying Eli

Some of Ryan's friends, Scott and Kaiylin

How cute is he, really... :)

Russ and Eli

Russ doing squats with Eli

Ryan with his 2nd favorite boy, Rebel :)

He was so excited to not have to shave for a few days!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures BA and a very nice job on recapping the trip. It is great to see the pictures.

Why was Ryan's flight cancelled on Monday? How did the "new" pediatrician appointment go? Did you and Ryan like this doctor?

I am thrilled you were able to do something special for Ryan's birthday. I know that meant a lot to him.

Yes,Yes,Yes......I really, really, enjoyed all my special time with Eli. Can I do it again????
Sorry if I seemed a little tense from lack of sleep and such an emotional time. I know I have nothing on you and want even try to compare. Thanks for your understanding.

Love to you and Eli,
Mom Stroud aka Gramma Leigh-Leigh

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! Eli's first vacation... wow, he's starting early!

Unknown said...

People from Georgia are the best aren't they. I wish the Collins would come up here to see Eli.

Heather said...

Fun times-you were a trooper setting off for an adventure a week after having a baby!

Bette Anne said...

I know, I would love to see them, but Macon is like 5 hours and there is NO WAY I'm doing that trip by myself for a while!