Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Birthday fun... :)

Well, Ryan's birthday is the 11th of July and since I knew I wouldn't be able to be there for it, I decided to make him a cake and sing to him! :) So, Monday morning on the day he was supposed to head back to Iraq, I snuck upstairs to bake him a cake. Mom helped, but I just knew he was going to get suspicious as I kept on going back and forth to get it finished. So, when it was finished, I called down and told him to get dressed and bring Eli up. I then started lighting the candles and because I underestimated how long it would take to light 24 candles, he got upstairs before I finished! :) We sang him Happy Birthday and Mom told him that he better blow them all out at one time, cause I had blown all my candles out the first time one day after giving birth. :) Of course, everything is a competition in the Swaringen household, so blowing out candles is no exception!

Poor Ryan had no idea what he was in for! He gathered a big breath and attempted to blow out all 24 of his candles. Unfortunately for him, just when he thought he was done, half of the candles reignited! :) I had mixed in 12 Trick Candles and all of them slowly were lighted again. :) Mom and I could not stop laughing as Ryan tried unsuccesfully for about 2 minutes to blow them out! He was such a good sport about it, and could not believe that I had put Trick Candles on it! I have never used Trick Candles, but I was amazed at how time after time they would ignite even after several seconds of no flame! Finally we had to use tongs to get them off the cake and extinguish them in water, but it was such fun on a Monday morning. Ryan seemed to enjoy his morning birthday cake, and we all had a good time at my poor husband's expense!


Of course I didn't think to take pictures, but I thought I would include a picture of the birthday cake I made for him in Germany LAST YEAR on his actual birthday. :) I didn't have anything to decorate with, so I had to use Lucky Charms! :) It actually tasted very good!



I love you babe, and I hope you enjoy turning 24 this year! Soon you'll be old like me!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Poor Ryan... :) I guess he needs to get used to this kind of treatment,huh?