Friday, July 18, 2008

You think you can tag me?!?!

Well, you can. ;)

Okay... I believe I've done this before, but I am gonna try again...

8 quirky/odd facts about me...

1... I CANNOT stand it when my Mom or anyone for that matter, pours a Pepsi and loses all the carbonation because they just dump it in the glass and they don't pour it slowly! My Ryan kinda mocks me for this, but I can't help it... Makes me go nuts!

2... When I was younger, I had a bit of OCD about counting a lot of things out by 10... If we were driving on the highway I would HAVE to tap my foot 10 times between each light pole... I remember it so vividly... (said very fast) 12345678910...12345678910...12345678910 Oh the joys... ;)

3... I have an addiction to Bunny Tracks Ice Cream... It is physically impossible for me to walk past it in the store and not buy it! ;)

4... I get super annoyed when people say Always and Never when they are trying to prove a point.. I mean, really do I NEVER say Thank You, and do I ALWAYS slam the door? (Of course these are examples, not actual statements...) ;)

5... It really annoys me when people write emails, posts, blogs, etc... and there are horrible, glaring spelling errors all throughout them. I'm not talking about the run of the mill misspelling or occasionally forgetting a punctuation mark. It's mainly those who never attempt to use spellcheck or even proofread their work.

6... I'm a mocker... There... I said it. Although I think this is often a character flaw, not a quirk... ;) Whatever the case, it is very hard for me to control the urge of pointing out other people's flaws, usually when someone misspeaks or does something that I think is hilarious, and not mock them or make a joke of their perceived indiscretion... I mean, I don't make fun of something you were born with that you cannot change... I don't walk around making fun of the handicapped or mentally impaired, but I still think maybe I should tone it down a little... ;)

7... I don't know if this is a quirk, but I HATE scary/horror movies... My Ryan of course loves them and cannot understand why I don't. Why do people like being scared or horrified? I like action/thrillers, but they are different... Also, movies that could actually happen, i.e., someone breaking into your house and killing you, scare me a lot more than movies where aliens invade the planet... You get my point. Scary movies stink... bottom line! ;)

8... Whewww... I was beginning to think I wouldn't make it... :) Lastly, this probably isn't a quirk, but I HATE doing laundry... There are other things that don't bother me, and I don't mind loading the washer and switching things to the dryer... It is folding and putting everything away... I HATE it! I know this may sound stupid, but it is my most dreaded chore and one I pretty much do every weekday, so you would think I would get over it, but I don't... I guess it is so boring and there always seem to be piles and piles... Oh well... I guess I'll live. ;)

Alright that's it... I think all my friends have already been tagged, but if you haven't and you want to play along... Help yourself! ;)

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, we've got quite a few things in common. For instance, I can't STAND bad spelling, but especially bad grammar. And starting stuff with And. Unless I have a very, VERY specific point. (Don't you find this really annoying with books? I sometimes wonder if published books have ever been edited by a person who COULD ACTUALLY READ ENGLISH. Okay, rant over.)

Hate scary movies. I had nightmares for TWO WEEKS about the Blair Witch Project, and I never even saw it - just heard the story line. Pathetic, I know.

I get the mocking thing, too, although I usually try to turn that inward so the only person it messes up is me, and I'm already psychologically gone anyway. My family were once deciding what special "super powers" we'd each have, and mine was "Psychic Cynicism". I could dismantle people with a single sentence, lol!

I do enjoy finding the irony in life!

Nice tag, B!

Heather said...

I also DESPISE scary movies! REFUSE to watch them! Although I don't mind laundry I HATE watching dishes and mopping the floor! I guess Sam and Ryan can watch scary movies without us! Ha!

Unknown said...

You were only supposed to do six things, silly... Always the over-achiever?? :)