Thursday, July 17, 2008

Brace Face!

This is a name that I WISH I would have been called as a child, because that would mean I wouldn't have to go through this now, but seriously, I am SO VERY GRATEFUL to be able to finally have this done (Thank You Ryan!) and be one step closer to having straight teeth and not be embarrassed to smile in public! Yay! :) You will definitely be seeing many, many more full teeth smiles in about 2 years! ;)

Anywho, I'm posting this because as I was brushing my teeth tonight, which by the way is like a 15 minute process to get all this metal cleaned, I noticed that I was seeing more of one tooth than normal... (If that makes any sense!) I have one tooth that is usually almost completely hidden behind one of my "2 front teeth" and I could see almost all of it! I took a picture and compared with a pic I took before I got braces, and sure enough, it has already started shifting! I still have a LONG way to go, but I am so thankful that God gives us little encouragements along the way through this somewhat painful process! :)

4 comments:

Twinmama said...

Sorry you have to go thru the pain - the price we pay for beauty...! Do you think you would post a before smile and an after smile whenever you get the pesky metal off? Or did your dentist do that anyway?

Bette Anne said...

I took a before pic, but I'm not posting it until I am completely done and metal free! ;) It really is scary, so I have to have something really great to compare it too, so all will have to wait! ;)

Unknown said...

Hey brace face. ;) I know what you mean. My wife is really excited about her teeth too. Good luck, braces change your life.

Amy's Journal said...

That is great news.. You and Renee get married and bam new smile! lol.. crazy what braces and some bleach can do to somones mouth... not to mention it cost a fortune).. ha I didn't get braces and wish I would have but did bleach and need to do it again... but my sister. (the baby to my daddy) she prety much has a million dollar smile.. the way she says "daddy" it worked for her not so much me.. ha ha