Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Some more deals... Kroger style! ;)


Well, after my succesful CVS trip yesterday, I was more than ready for some "real" grocery shopping...

Kroger has this buy 10 get $5 off Mega sale going on with items from $1.50 - 3.00, so essentially if you buy 10 items, you'll get $.50 off each one... This may seem like a pretty good deal, but when you match the items up with coupons, you can maximize your savings even further... You can read an even better explanation along with a list of available deals here, but suffice it to say, there were plenty of good deals to be had! I didn't get quite as good of a deal as I had hoped since the lady that compiled the list was from Ohio, so her Kroger sale was a little different on a few items, so I was thinking I was getting an item for free and then I ended up paying $.75 for it, 4 times over... :( I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's barbecue sauce, and I already have like 4 bottles waiting to be opened! So, needless to say, I plan on returning it later today... :(

Anywho, onto the savings! :) I'll just list the final price I paid and spare you the boring details of which coupons, etc... ;)

10 - Kroger Apple Juice $1.00 each
2 - Rice Krispies w/Strawberries $1.00 each
2 - Irish Spring soap 3 packs $1.00 each
1 - Keebler Fudge shop cookies $1.50 each
2 - Lysol All purpose cleaner $.50 each
1 - Lysol Toilet bowl cleaner $.50 each
1 - Betty Crocker Warm Delight - Free
1 - Betty Crocker Warm Delight $.50
1 - Betty Crocker Cookie Mix - $1.00 (supposed to be $.50) :(
1 - Betty Crocker Frosting $.45
1 - Edward's Pie Singles - $.75
3 - Franks Red Hot Sauce - Free
3 - French's Spicy Mustard - Free
1 - Huggies Baby Wipes - Free
1 - Hunts Ketchup $.60
4 - Cattleman's Barbecue sauce - $.75 (supposed to be free) :(

Total Before sales and coupons was $82.14

Total Out of Pocket $27.42, even with the unplanned overages! :) Even less once I return the goofy Barbecue sauce!

Getting the juice alone would be a great deal since Eli goes through about a bottle and a half a week! ;) I'm honestly thinking about signing Ryan up for a card since I've reached my limit, and then getting 30 things of juice to stock up with! It's good for a year and a half and we normally spend about $2.50 a bottle, so we really would be saving money, so we'll see if I have the time tonight... Just have to figure out where to put it all!

Anyways, that's my savings, what about you?

1 comment:

Mack Swaringen said...

Great Job...Mom I'm sure is sooo proud of you. I am hoping to blog my deals. Our new camera is acting up...so I don't know if it will happen.