Sunday, July 27, 2008

Why didn't I start earlier??

Start couponing earlier I mean! :) Eli and I got into Shelby around 7 pm Friday night and surprised Mom and Dad with an impromptu trip, so Mom's first thoughts... "Let's go to Harris Teeter for Triples!" I have to admit that I was excited that I might get a few deals, but still a little irritated that I missed out on quite a few because the shelves were already bare! Anywho, here are some of my crazy savings from Harris Teeter, CVS, Food Lion, and Ingles... Hope this makes sense...

I'll start with the smallest...

Ingles

Mom got a bunch of stuff, and I just threw in my Excedrin's that were on sale for 1.98 and I had 2 - $2.00 coupons, so they were free... she may have paid a few cents for tax, but she should have gotten .04 overage for the rest of her order...

Here they are!

Food Lion
We really needed another Sippie Cup since we are transitioning away from formula and ended up getting this for $.99 which is great deal for a sippie! :)

Total Shelf...
$8.31

OOP...
$1.87

Food Lion Stash

As you can see Eli is already utilizing his new sippie cup!

CVS
Went to CVS 3 times...
Total Shelf...
$46.50

OOP
$4.45

ECB's remaining after rolling...
$12.98

Had some issues with some of my coupons not showing up, so I plan to take the Life Saver Gummie Savers and one of the Mentos back tomorrow, which should be about $2.69...

CVS Loot

I got 16 more packs of Gum because a Gas Station on the way to NC had TearPads with the BOGO free coupons! Yay!

Harris Teeter
I went 2 times and my totals were...

Total shelf
$63.12

OOP
$2.66

-The kicker with this is that the Total cereal I thought was on sale for $2.00 and would be Free with overage, rang up full price at $4.79, which I didn't realize till I got home... :( So, Mom and I went back out tonight to get a refund, and the manager gave me $4.89 back in cash, told me to keep the Total and apologized for the inconvenience!! Now this is how Manager's should treat their customers! So actually, HT paid me $2.23 for $63.12 worth of groceries! So I actually made a $2.23 PROFIT doing Triples!! I couldn't believe it!

Harris Teeter Madness


ALL Totaled together...

Shelf...
$125.89

OOP...
$4.09

Plus I have $12.98 in ECB's left! Who WOULDN'T want to do this?!

Disclaimer... I KNOW I did better because Mom went with me, but I still think I would have done pretty good, but Mom is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to getting a bargain! Thanks Mom! :)

Also, about half of this I'm gonna sell to the discount store in the area, so don't worry... I'm not keeping all that CVS candy! :)

2 comments:

CLAIRE said...

THEY HAVE NEVER DONE TRIPLES IN OUR AREA. PLUS WE DON'T HAVE HT HERE. WE HAD SOME IN NASHVILLE. KEEP SAVING.

Twinmama said...

I soo need to go shopping with your mom. Renee has tried to get me into the grocery game/coupon thing, but I just can't get past buying stuff i don't need just cause its on sale. I love seeing ya'll great finds though! Green w/ envy!!! :)