Thursday, August 7, 2008

Why I should say NO! ;)

Don't get me wrong, that is probably my most used word right now, but sometimes he is just so cute I can't resist, so I let him play with something that I probably shouldn't! This brings me to my cell phone... :) He seemed to only cause minor cosmetic damage until a few days ago when I tried to make a call after he had been playing with it, and I couldn't hear my Mother on the other end! I could hear the faintest of sounds, but not enough to decipher what she was saying... I thought maybe he figured out how to turn the sound all the way down, but the sound was at it's highest volume and still no luck... I don't know how or why, but the speaker phone still worked, so I had to make do with that for a couple days... This probably doesn't sound that bad to you, but my speaker phone would randomly shut off, and I wouldn't realize it because I was talking until I realized I was talking to myself because the other person got tired of waiting... Seriously annoying! I tried to find a replacement on Ebay or Craigslist, but most of the dealers that seemed reputable were asking over $100 for even the cheesy phones, and I just couldn't handle paying that, so I called the local AT&T store and found out they had a couple returned phones for $50... I thought they were going to be older models, but they actually were pretty nice, so I coughed up $50 and got my self a shiny "new" phone yesterday, Yay! ;)

Eli doesn't quite understand why Mommy won't let him play with her new toy, but he is enjoying getting unlimited playtime with Mommy's old phone!

I wanted to get the Flip model they had, but it wasn't working right, so I decided to go with the Bar Phone type... I haven't had a bar phone for a couple years, so it is a little of an adjustment getting used to it... It's pretty nice though, so I am thankful that I was able to find one that didn't quite break the bank!

What do you guys think?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

You know you should have called me. I have just a few phones lying around, but you did good. That's a good phone for $50 and I love samsung.

Unknown said...

Glad you got your phone so I didn't have to worry about trying to mail you yours! :)