Tuesday, August 12, 2008

*WARNING* Crazy Coupon Post!! :)

Not going to go into crazy detail, but I got some great deals yesterday and today, but for your sanity I won't go into detail besides the Commisary deals!

(no pic though, sorry)
At Publix...
Shelf $37.28
"Saved" $23.18
Spent $14.10

CVS
Shelf $32.45
"Saved" $27.53
Spent $4.92 (Used $4.99 ECB)
Got $13 in ECB's back!

Now onto today! :)

Kroger
Shelf $16.53
"Saved" $12.11
Spent $4.42 (Saved 76%)

I used to shop at the Commisary all the time in Germany and Fort Hood, but for some reason, I just haven't shopped at this one until Mom sent me a link telling about some great deals... Man, was I happy with what I found! I wasn't sure it was worth it to head onto post, but I definitely know where I'm going to get all my staple items! (Milk, bread, eggs, produce) It is unreal how much cheaper most items are! I don't remember the savings being this good, but I guess I have just gotten used to shopping at the higher end stores, and I forget what grocery prices SHOULD be!

Just an example... Boneless Skinless Chicken breast runs for over $4 a lb at Publix and Kroger and when it goes on sale for $1.99 a lb, I would buy up a bunch... At the Commisary the REGULAR price is $1.72 a lb!!! I COULD NOT believe it!

Don't get me wrong, there are still many great deals to be had at Kroger and Publix, so I just need to do a little homework to make sure I'm not overspending at either place!

A little Run-Down...

Total Price AFTER Sale and Coupon
1 pkg - Tyson Boneless Chicken Breast - $1.53
13 pks - Koolaid Drink Mix - $1.95
3 - Pillsbury Grands Biscuits - $2.26
1 - Kraft Mozzarella Cheese - $1.25
5 - Smart Ones Entrees - $5.95
3 - Eggo Waffles - $2.27
1 - Hormel Lunchmeat - $1.45
4 - CleanTeam Wipes $1.40
4 - Tomatoes @ $.88 - $2.29
2 - Broccoli Clusters @ $.99 a lb - $.73
1 - Crystal Light Drink Mix - FREE
1 - Kraft Salad Dressing - FREE
1 - Kraft Cheese -FREE
1 - Wheat Thins -FREE
1 - Oscar Meyer Hot Dogs -FREE
1 - Smart Ones Dessert - FREE
2 - KoolAid Packs - FREE

Shelf $44.21
"Saved" $22.76
Spent $21.45



I spent a total of $25.87 for all this, and only 3 of the coupons were doubled!

(I love that I was able to get a little produce and meat and still have a decent total, Yay!) And every single item here we do and WILL use in case you're wondering... :)

Somehow these got left out of the group shot!;)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know what you mean. We thought of getting a chart going of what's a good deal and what's not. I wish the GG would just combine stores. It shouldn't be that hard.