Friday, October 12, 2007

It's shots time again. :(

Well, if you hadn't noticed, Eli is now officially 4 months old! I cannot believe the time has passed so fast, but our little boy is really growing up fast! :(

Wednesday he had his 4 month check up and shots and he was such a good boy for everything. :) He just smiled and cooed at the Doctor and Nurse and made his Mommy proud. He did pretty good with the shots too considering the Doctor kind of took his time this time around. :( He screamed of course, but then calmed down pretty quickly after I held him. We thought everything was good until we went to church that night and everything seemed to fall apart. I put him in the nursery and within about 5 minutes he started to scream and screamed pretty much non-stop for an hour or so. :( Granted that was with me going to get him after about 10 minutes. :( He wouldn't eat or be pacified in any way. That is so very unlike him, so I knew that he must of been feeling pretty bad. I finally was able to get him to sleep and we headed home. Then Mom got him to eat about an ounce before he collapsed on her shoulder. She brought him down, and he felt so very hot to me. I took his tempature and it was 101.1, so I gave him some Tylenol and put him down. He slept till about 6 am and still had a fever all day of about 99.5-100.4 all day long. :( I called the Doc and he said just keep giving him Tylenol, and if he is still feverish in 24 hours to call him. He really was so pitiful... He would just sit there with a blank look on his face and moan and moan! :(

Thankfully, he woke up feeling much better today and the fever is gone, but seriously getting his shots is no fun for the little guy or anyone else around him for those 1-2 days after! :)

Oh, and he was 18 lbs 2 oz and 25 3/4 inches long. :) That puts him in the 95th percentile for weight and 65th percentile for height. I'm sure that will even out in time, but he really doesn't look like a short, fat kid, I promise! ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can remember my younger siblings getting shots as babies. It really is not fun for anyone! I guess it is a necessary pain.

Glad that little Eli is feeling better now though!

Anonymous said...

POOR BABY, GLAD HE IS FEELING BETTER. CAN'T BELIEVE HOW HE IS GROWING. NOW HE HAS TEETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO. HOW IS WW GOING FOR YOU?LOVE YA, NANA

Heather said...

I know, it was so sad to see his little face the other day, all gloomy and not smiley like usual. But he is so very cute and I am glad he is feeling better now. =)