Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Fair Times

Well, today Heather and I had planned to go to the Cleveland County Fair, which is the Largest County Fair in North Carolina by the way! I had thought it would be fun to have Haylee go with us, but didn't know what we would do with her when we rode the "scary" rides. Well, Mom heard me discussing it and said that she wouldn't have a problem going with us and she would just watch Eli and Haylee when we rode the scarier, bigger rides. So, we went and picked up Haylee yesterday afternoon and she spent the night at our house and then this afternoon Heather came over and we all piled up and headed for the fair! We got there a little early, so we checked out the livestock and then got some tickets and headed for the much awaited rides! Let me just say that Haylee must have gotten her braveness from Chris, cause I don't remember Renee being that brave! :) Remember, she is only 4 and she rode a few of the "big people" rides and didn't blink an eye! I was of course gripping onto her because I was so afraid she would fly out and she had to keep asking me why I was holding onto her cause she was fine!? She was SOOO much fun and it really made the day a blast cause she was so brave and happy. :)

I wasn't really sure how Eli would react and he was SUCH a good boy! We got there about 3:15 or so and he stayed in his car seat/stroller until he ate at 6:00. Then he went right back in until we headed home at about 8:15. He definitely LOVES the outdoors, that's for sure! He was such a happy, smiling baby, and I'm so glad we decided to have Mom come and watch him at the Fair instead of staying home.

We also enjoyed a few indulgences which I reveled in immensely! I had half of a much-loved funnel cake and some Pepsi and it almost made me sick to my stomach because I haven't had anything that rich in weeks! :) I definitely am right back on the diet tonight and actually only went over my points by 6 and really didn't go over my weekly allowance, so hopefully I won't gain too much weight come weigh-in on Thursday! :(

Here are a couple pics I took with Nay's camera cause I didn't want to lug my big Nikon around, so hope you enjoy... :)


Create Your Own

4 comments:

Heather said...

Way cute. I had so much fun! You were right Haylee crashed almost immediately, in the car ride home. Glad you didn't go over your points too much. That makes me feel better too!!!! =) Thanks for inviting me. Fun times. =)

Anonymous said...

WHOW, LOOK AT ALL THE THINGS ELI HAS ALREADY DONE IN HIS SHORT LIFE THUS FAR. HE IS A CUTIE AND I DO BELIEVE HE LOVES THE CAMERA. HOPE TO SEE YOU BOTH SOON. LOVE YA, NANA

Amy's Journal said...

I hope allen got a hold of you .. I gave him your # :

oh I missed the fair this year!!!

Bette Anne said...

Yeah, he called me last night, but we still need to arrange a time for everything. And you can still catch our fair... it goes till the 6th I think... :)