Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Eli's first Boo-Boo

Well,last night I was attempting to trim Eli's fingernails. This of course is a dreaded duty considering he absolutely hates it and fights me the whole time. Surprisingly, I had managed to trim almost all of them without too much hassle, but when it came down to the last few nails, he started to really freak out. He was pulling away with all his might and screaming at the top of his lungs and somehow on his thumbnail I ended up cutting him a little too far under the nail. :( He started bleeding a little and he was already screaming, but of course this only added to the volume. Mommy proceeded to kiss his boo-boo many times and after a few hugs and kisses all was well. :) Here are some pics of the dreaded boo-boo. I'm pretty sure this is his first boo-boo that a Doctor didn't give him! :)

I'm sure he will appreciate all of your sympathy. (I will too!)

He looks so pitiful! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

POOR MOMMY, IT HURT YOU MORE THAN HIM. YOU CAN TELL HE HAD BEEN CRYING. HIS PJ'S ARE CUTE AND THAT COLOR LOOKS GOOD ON HIM, NANA

Amy's Journal said...

ok... really he is like one of the cutest boys.. i have to say that since i do have a boy to ha... but him and marli make me love chubby babies. they look so cute and snuggley...

Sherri said...

Warning! Unsolicited advice ahead, just ignore if you wish: The first time I did that to Sam I thought I was going to die... then Mom suggested something to me that I thought sounded completely ridiculous, but it worked great for us... Wait till little man is falling asleep in your arms & just nip off those little nails with your teeth! Their not as tough as ours & you can be surprisingly accurate... :-)

Unknown said...

I remember how terrified I was when my Mom was going to cut my nails. Poor guy, I know how you feel.