Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I will lose the weight!

Do I sound confident if I put an exclamation mark at the end?! Today I decided that my flabby post-pregnancy body has lingered long enough! I went and purchased some running shoes today, so that I could go walking. (Mom appreciated the irony, I did not) :)

Well, this afternoon after Eli's dinner, Eli and I packed up and headed to the Mall to join the Senior citizen's of Shelby to walk the mall. :) I have always made fun of this geriatric past time, but when push came to shove, I was NOT going to walk outside in the near 100 degree heat. I managed to walk around the interior of the mall 4 times and was planning on going at least one more time, but Eli was getting bored and starting to fuss. I feel I must confess that our Mall is close to the smallest in America, but it still was a feat for me post-pregnancy! I felt very accomplished, and I hope to make this a habit. Who knows, maybe one day I'll actually fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes! My goal is to feel better about myself and to look as good as possible for my hubby when he returns.

Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LUCK ON YOUR WALKS. GRANDPOPS WAS LOVING PLAYING WITH ELI. WE LOOK FORWARD TO RETURN VISITS ALSO. LOVE YOU, NANA

Heather said...

I am SOOO proud of you! =) Let me know if you ever want encouragement or motivation. We can push each other to tread water forever or swim laps too. =) Way to go! Keep up the good work! ;)

Anonymous said...

Good Luck and walking is the best exercise EVER, especially pushing Eli in a stroller! Blue Bunny Tracks ice cream is the devil in disguise, you know. Maybe you can reward yourself after losing each 5 pounds by having a bowl. I know you can do this and the mall is cool, safe, and definitely the place to show off Eli. I am proud of you! Barbara

Amy's Journal said...

Weight Watchers it works I swear and its easy and you get to still eat what you want just everything has a point and you choose how you want to use those points you are given