Friday, August 10, 2007

Being sick is no fun...

Well, when we brought Eli home last night he was mildly fussy from the shots, but after his 7 pm bottle he went right to sleep in his cradle swing and slept until about 2 am. Well, I had taken his tempature before I gave him the bottle at 7 and he had a 99.0 under his arm, which I didn't find out till later meant it was actually 100.0, so when he woke up at 2 he was boiling hot, so I gave him some children's tylenol and took his tempature and he was 100 which really meant 101, so after his bottle he wouldn't go down anywhere and didn't want to lay with me in my bed, so we sat in the recliner, and I do mean sat, because everytime I tried to lay down to get more comfortable he would fuss big time. Around 5 am he got really fussy and I couldn't handle the little sleep anymore, so I took him up to Mom and she fed him and brought him down to put in his swing at about 6:15 and he thankfully slept till about 10 am, so I got a chance to sleep. Oh, when he woke up at 5, his tempature was around 98.7, so that was really good news! He has done a lot better this morning and actually was smiling at me as I talked and played with him. :) I just put him down for a little cat nap, so here's to hoping he is my happy boy today!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I hope he feels better soon. I can't believe how big he's looking! It just seems like yesterday I was hearing that you were expecting!

My kids ALWAYS got a temperature after their shots, too, and I can relate with the nerve-wracking part. I think I'd much rather be sick myself than seeing my kids sick. Hope you're all hanging in there okay!