Thursday, August 9, 2007

doctor visits and needles oh my!

Let's start with the good news... He is 8 wks 3 days today and weighs 14 lbs 5 oz and is 24 in long! He was 9 lbs 7 oz at his 2 week check-up, so he is 2 oz from gaining 5 lbs in 6 weeks! He also grew 2 inches, so he is well on his way to being a tall Stroud man! There was a newborn in the office today and he looked like a giant compared to her! Our little man is getting so big!

Now to the not so fun news... Eli got his shots today, and it was no fun for all concerned. He was laying on the table happy and cooing while I held his hand, then the Doc sticks him and his eyes just bug out with this horrible, shocked, how could you mommy look, which morphed to the loudest screams he has ever had! :( The Doc gave him 3 shots, but he was really quick about it and before you know it he was scooped up in my arms and I calmed him down pretty quickly. He has been acting mildly fussy, but just a tired fussy since them. He actually smiled at me when we got home. :) I was proud of myself for not crying, but it definitely wasn't fun. Here's hoping for a halfway good night! Here are some pics of one of his first booboos! It's really hard to take pics when I am holding him, so they aren't very good!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

GO ELI!! I COULD TELL HE WAS GROWING, BUT DIDN'T THIN IT WAS THIS MUCH. IT'S GOOD THAT HE IS GOING IN INCHES SO FAST ALSO. HE MAY END UP BEING TALLER THAN RYAN. DID THEY TELL YOU TO DO ANY BABY TYLENOL? HE WILL PROBABLY BE FEVERISH AND FRUSSY TONIGHT. I ALWAYS HATED TO SEE THE BABIES GET SHOTS. YOU ARE DOING A GOOD JOB WITH ELI. LOVE YOU BOTH AND MISS ALL OF YOU AND THAT INCLUDES DADDY RYAN. NANA

Heather said...

Awww, poor baby! At least he's healthy. You don't have to worry about shots for a while now, right?! Way to be strong!