Sunday, September 9, 2007

Sad days...

Well, yesterday we all had to say goodbye to one of my closest friends in the world. Sam had his going away party for his 6 man unit yesterday afternoon at Fort Bragg just outside of Fayetteville, NC.

It was about a 3.5 hour drive each way, but there was no way I was going to not be there for him and Heather. I have already said goodbye to my Ryan so many times before, so I honestly was not looking forward to this at all, but knew that I needed to go.

This is going to be a definite trial for Sam and Heather, so I know they will appreciate your prayers during this time. I love you guys!
Me trying to take a picture without looking through the viewfinder really doesn't work!They wouldn't look at the camera at the same time!Silly people :)Heather with the adorable Matthew and Mikayla

Heather and Michael looking thrilled to be here. :)

Heather and the shy one...

I said something obnoxious to make Heather laugh and it obviously worked. :)

The Adorable couple

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I KNOW YOU ARE SAD FOR YOUR FRIENDS SINCE YOU KNOW WHAT IT IS LIKE TO BE AWAY FROM YOUR HUBBY. IN THEIR SHORT MARRIED LIFE, THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN TOGETHER MORE AT ONE TIME THAT YOU AND RYAN HAVE GOTTEN TO BE. WELL, ELI WILL BE 3 MOS OLD TOMORROW. DOES HE GO FOR A 3 MO CHECKUP? I WAS JUST WONDERING WHAT THE LITTLE MAN WEIGHS NOW.HE LOOKS LIKE HE HAS GROWN SO MUCH. OH, I WOULD ALSO HIRE YOU FOR PICTURES. SEE IF YOU CAN FIGURE A WAY TO HIDE THE OXYGEN TUBE AND MAKE ME LOOK SKINNY THEN I THINK YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO MAKE MILLIONS. LOVE YA, GIVE ELI A HUG FROM NANA.

Heather said...

Love the pics! They are really cute! Thank you SO much for being there, B. It meant a lot to both of us. Again, you are the greatest! =) love ya!

Unknown said...

I tried to comment on some of the other ones, but went straight to the can't find server screen, but for some reason this one worked. So yes I would hire you, these pics are great and the ones of Eli were awesome. Eli looks just like his dad, it's so crazy.