Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy Anniversary

When Ryan and I first talked about getting married I was still in training in Maryland and Ryan was already stationed in Texas. We knew we wanted to be stationed together and the only real way to have a chance at that was to get married. We already knew we wanted to get married after I graduated from training, but if we did that, I would have already had my orders and we would be separated for sure. This was when we decided that we would get married while I was still in training. Our thinking and the thinking of our superiors was that this would help us to be stationed together. So, on my summer vacation home in late August, Ryan met me in NC and we met with my Pastor, and we were married in his home with Pastor's wife and Samuel Collins as the witnesses. We only had a day or two afterwards to spend time with my family and his family talking about wedding plans and getting to know each other's family. I know some of you may wonder why we didn't have a ceremony that included both of our families or why we kept it a secret, but we knew that not everyone would be able to come and we wanted the wedding day in November to be as special as possible. We absolutely LOVED our November wedding and it really was a truly special day for all concerned. Although it did not work out the way we planned, we wouldn't have changed it for anything. And, even though we were legally married on August 25th, we still chose to wait and I was legitimately able to wear white at the November wedding. :)

This may not be the best forum to announce this, but this is something we've wanted to let all our family and friends know for quite some time. I hope that no one feels offended that they were "out of the loop", but we honestly just wanted our November wedding to be as special as possible!

With that said, I also wanted to share a little video I made for my Ryan for our August 25th anniversary. I wanted to do something that would make him laugh but also realize how much I adore him. I realize that it is a man's voice on the video, but I still think you can appreciate it for what it is. :)

5 comments:

Amy's Journal said...

omgosh... after laughing and cryin all in the same time i am a wreck.. your so talented i hope you know that and i wish i could see ryans face when he sees it.. great job and i think its neat yall have a little story to tell whne your 80 yrs old in the rocking chairs about your wedding ;)

Sherri said...

Flat out ADORABLE! The best part had to be Ryan "prancing" in the field!!! Love it! You are such a sweet couple & I think your story is just precious.

Heather said...

So rad. Still haven't gotten sick of watching it =)...if only we all could be as talented as you, Bette Anne. sigh. =)

Unknown said...

very cool, but I can't seem to get over your lips moving and a guy singing... can't wrap my brain around it. :) It is very cool though. Just like a music video which I'm sure is what you were going for!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, a roller coaster ride full of emotions....What a trip! We enjoyed every second and seeing everyone in happy times. You have such a big heart behind all that talent. That's what will provide big bucks when you start your career in Texas!

Barbara