Wednesday, November 12, 2008

a funny little story... :)

We ended up going to another hockey game this week for the Huntsville Havoc, which is the minor league area team.... As we were leaving we ended up behind this car in the parking garage... Somehow we started talking about what that little ball was on the left bottom of the rearview mirror of the SUV... It was one of those window clings were it's supposed to look like some sort of ball has "broken" the back window and there are cracks all around the ball giving the illusion that your window is cracked...
Ryan was telling me that it was a baseball, maybe even a softball, when it was obviously a small ball about the size of a golf ball... So, my logic kicked in and said it has to be a golf ball... He kept saying there was NO WAY it was a golf ball because it looked too big... I was SURE that he was just messing with me to get a reaction because I'm telling you, the ball was tiny, all white (no baseball stitching) and it just COULD NOT be a baseball... We kept jokingly arguing the whole way out of the garage and I finally took this picture in hopes that I could blow it up and prove my point... Unfortunately, when you start to blow it up too much it gets pixilated, but I still put the original photo up, so y'all can get the general idea... Well Ryan kept telling me just to get out and go look... Of course there was no way I was getting out and looking at the back of someone's car, plus, he wouldn't believe me even if I did, because he was so delusionally convinced it was a baseball... :) Well, we finally get out of the garage and ended up pulling up next to the SUV, so he dared me to roll down my window and ask the driver... At first I said no way, but finally, I decided I could do it, so as we pulled up I lowered my window and got her attention... She seemed really nice, so then I asked her what the ball was on her back window... She said it was just a sticker, which I think is hilarious... Of course we know it's a sticker... We don't REALLY think there is a ball broken in your window! ;) So Ryan clarified... "We were wondering what type of ball... Is it a baseball or a golf ball..." She of course was like... "A golf ball..."!!!! This produced "Aww Man's" from Ryan and loud hooping and hollering on my part as I screamed thank you as the light changed... :) She thought it was hilarious and was just laughing, and Eli was cracking up at us because we (Mommy) were being so silly... Oh the gratification... Ryan then says, "I'll admit I'm wrong because the lady said a golf ball, but I still think it was a baseball!!!" MEN!! ;)

I found a pic of the golf ball crack online...

And here is the baseball... See how they look completely different!! ;) I love it! ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with Ryan, I think the lady was wrong. Women don't know one ball from the next.

Twinmama said...

Ok, before I even saw what the lady said, I could tell from your pic of the back of the car that is was NOT a baseball, waaay too small. Of course a golfball! LOL (My hubby is a golfing man...)

Heather said...

Golly G, usually in these situations Sam is right, so when I can claim victory to "stupid" little things like this I take it to the extreme too!