Saturday, April 19, 2008

Finally decided on the Party theme!

Yay!

I’ve been thinking about this for a while, and just could not come up with something I loved... I’ve been wanting him to have something a little "cooler" than the typical 1st b-day themes, and suddenly it just came to me that he should have a Pirate theme! ;) Seriously... how cool is that!?

So, we’ve been looking around and haven’t really had any luck until we visited Party City tonight, and yay we found a ton of stuff! ;)

So, here is some of the loot that we came up with...

The plates and table clothes have little treasure maps on them which is just too cute! Eli has his own party hat, we have a giant Balloon, Happy Birthday sign, all kinds of fun stuff! :) I still haven't found a cake idea that I love... Maybe Ellen on another cake lady can help me out with a simple idea!

Anyways, I am SOOO excited and I can't wait!!

7 comments:

CLAIRE said...

I THINK THIS TYPE OF PARTY WILL BE NEAT. YOU COULD CHECK WITH WALMART AND GET THEM TO MAKE A SHEET CAKE THIS A PIRATES HAT OE SKULL AND CROSS BONES. IDEA #2 treasure chest sticking up out of cake top. love ya, nana

Unknown said...

Wow, you sound more excited than he is. Maybe no one else noticed your use of "loot", but I did. I can't believe he is turning one already. I was there when he was born just yesterday.

Rachel said...

One already - wow! Watch out, next thing he'll be wanting to drive the car!

Cool party theme idea.

Ellen said...

Check these out... really simple and easy ideas... sounds like a lot of fun!! :)

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50213

http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50180

Wilton also currently has a "Little Pirate Pan" -very cute- if you or someone you know knows how to do the basic star technique that's a great idea too. Check out:

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=4CE852B4-802D-F658-0BAD5C4C2ECDE438&fid=4CE852D3-802D-F658-011508B15ABAD012

Hope you find something you like! Have fun.

Ellen said...

Hmmmm, didn't realize it would cut off my links like that... Sorry. I found the first two at FamilyFun.go.com under Pirate cakes. The other was just a link to the wilton site to show you the pan and their samples. If you need more info, just email me and I'll pass them along.

ellen.mcbride@gmail.com

Mack Swaringen said...

Family Fun Magazine had a bunch of cakes in the April issue. One was a VERY SIMPLE pirate hat. I cut out the page for my file. If you still need it I can color copy it and mail it to you. Let me know and give me your address. I tried to find it on their website but it wasn't there. You could easily do it. It is really cute.

Mack Swaringen said...

BTW, it was me Jen that last posted, not Mack!!