Friday, March 28, 2008

Tar.....Heels......Tar......Heels.....

Well, if any of you are living under a rock, then you don't know what's going on with March Madness, and that Carolina is now in the Final Four! Yay! Well, before they're game on Thursday night, they had an open practice at Bobcats Arena in Charlotte... I had heard about it, but didn't think there would be any way that I could go since I don't have any transportation until Mom gets home from work a little after noon, and if I wanted to get good seats I would need to be getting to Charlotte around that time... I had already put the idea out of my mind when Mack called me and said that Pastor Cruise said he could have the day off to go see the practice if he wanted. So, after I convinced Dad to take me to meet him in Charlotte, I still had to find someone to watch Eli... We were going to just take him with us and then Dad would ride home with him and Mom could watch him when she got back from school... Well, Mom thought it would be better if she just came and got him, so thankfully she had a little break and jumped in the Jeep and came home to pick him up. Dad and I headed to Charlotte and he actually let me out at a Stoplight in front of the Arena, and I just ran in! It was free to get in, but I was worried they wouldn't let me bring my camera in because it is a "professional" camera, but they looked right at it and let me through... It wasn't long before I found Mack and Jared and we settled into our seats on the first row diagonal to the court!
I started snapping away and the goofy security guards started eyeing me and my camera... Finally they came over and said that I probably wasn't going to be able to use it because the lens was too long, and I might try to sell the images or something! I was like, give me a break! He said the lens couldn't be extended past 6 inches, so he agreed if I didn't zoom all the way out, then I could continue to shoot. We really enjoyed the practice and got to see the Tar Heels up close from a vantage point that we will probably never witness again! Mack and Jared even got interviewed a couple times by our local news affiliates! (Dad taped it, and I'm still trying to figure out how to get it on Dad's computer! We may have to wait till I get back to my computer and my programs!)

Anyways, we had a blast and here are a few pics of our Beloved Tar Heels!
Our goofy nephew, Jared... :)
One of the VERY few cool Dukies, Jay Bilas

Rick Pitino thinking about how Carolina's going to beat him in a couple days... ;)

Jared cheesin...

Coach Williams chattin' up Marcus Ginyard

Pyscho-T stretching

The National Player of the Year... Aren't you glad he's on OUR side!

Ellington throwin' it home

Psycho-T making it look way too easy

These guys ran up to the edge of the court and yelled for Danny Greene... When they got his attention they showed him their shirts and asked if he remembered the picture... He smiled really big as he recalled the awesome dunk over Duke this year! ;)

Bobby Frasor having a little fun trying to make a 3 as Coach Williams looks on...

Deon Thompson signing autographs within arms reach of us! So cool! No, I didn't have anything for him to autograph! :(

5 comments:

CLAIRE said...

BOY, YOU DID A GREAT JOB WITH THE NEW CAMERA. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE PICS WITH THE LENS EXTENDED. ALSO GLAD YOU GOT TO GO SEE THE TAR-HEELS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE ELI NEXT WEEK. LOVE YA, NANA

Sherri said...

How stinkin' cool is that! (Isn't the arena awesome?!) Those pictures are incredible... you COULD totally sell 'em! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wow, good picture taking. You should consider doing that for a living. You really are good. I bet you went to a really good school to learn how to do that. It must have been expensive.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.