Saturday, March 15, 2008

My new gear, yay!!

Okay... I have had my Nikon D70 camera for almost 3 years now and I’ve been taking decent pictures with it, but lately it has been giving me a few issues... I’ve lost some important photos, and I am shooting another wedding in May and I can't take the chance that it will happen then! So after a bunch of research I decided on a camera I wanted but it was still really expensive... Plus I needed some new lenses since the ones I have are cheap and poorly made, plus I need an external flash, and some other photo gear... Well, after explaining my case and a little begging, :) Ryan said I could get it if I promised to get a lot of good use out of it!!!! It is being shipped to NC right now and will be waiting on me when I get in on Thursday! I seriously CANNOT WAIT to use it! It has some amazing reviews and is being called the best pro/amateur camera out there! The quality is head and shoulders above my little D70, so I just can’t wait I’m so excited! Anyways, here’s some of the loot I got... :) I know most of you don’t understand or really care, but that’s okay... I need to tell some people!!! ;)
I also got some filters, batteries, memory cards, etc... but this is the "big" stuff...

Here is the front with one of the lenses I got...

The top view...

The back with the beautiful 3 in LCD screen!

My shiny new 18-200mm wide angle/zoom lens

My pretty new flash...

And the 50mm fixed lens...

Yay!!!!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Congrats on getting your new toy! You're right, I didn't really "get it", but then, most of the time people probably say the same thing when they read all the knitting stuff on my blog, lol! I definitely got that you were happy! Hope you get lots of wonderful memories captured on your new camera!

Sherri said...

Hey, I'm just learning how to play with the aperture settings on my dinky little PowerShot... But, YEA FOR YOU! It looks awesome! Hope you can try it out on us while you're here!