Thursday, July 19, 2007

I really need more sleep!

Well, this morning was the beginning of Triple Coupons at Lowes Foods, and if you are familiar with my Mom, you know this means panic, planning, and pleading me to go with her! :) Her original idea was to leave at 5:30 AM to get there as the doors opened at 6:00 AM!! Yes, I said 6:00 AM!! My Mother is crazy! Well, in agreement to leave at that awful hour, I said she was on Eli duty for the night! After like 45 minutes, she came down with him and said that Dad will have to take her tomorrow cause he was really fussy and she needed to sleep! He ended up being fine after I snuggled with him and calmed him down. He only woke up once last night and then at 15 minutes to 5, he woke up to eat and I took him up to Mom to see what the plan was about Lowes. She said she changed her mind and she wanted to leave after the list came out on the Grocery Game at around 8:00 AM. I said, fine, he is all yours until then, I'm gonna go back and rest. I then checked my email and Ryan had written, so I wrote him a quick note and climbed back in bed. It couldn't have been about 20 minutes and Mom came back down and said that Dad needed her to go with him to drop the car off and so she was giving me Eli back! :) I think she just likes to trick me into thinking I am going to get extra sleep and then likes to wake me up just as I have begun to fall asleep! :) He ended up being fine and slept next to me in his sleep positioner. Well, she got back early and the list was up, so she woke Eli and I up at around 7:30 AM eager to go shop! Eli and I were NOT happy about being woken up, but I threw on a shirt and capris, brushed my hair and teeth and we headed to Lowes. Mom and I shopped off the list and ended up with 2 full orders and had paid for them and while she took the groceries to the car, I went to the bathroom to fix Eli's bottle. It was as I was getting the water hot, that I looked up in horror to realize that I had walked around shopping for nearly an hour with my shirt completely inside out!!! It was ridiculously obvious and it was a collared shirt, so there really was no hiding it! I could NOT believe that Mom had ridden with me to the store, walked around talking to me, and had not noticed it! I guess that is what happens when you are in Triple Coupon mode! I quickly switched my shirt around and ran out to give Mom some grief that she is so unbelievably NOT observant! :) We laughed uncontrollably for a couple minutes at my expense!

Thankfully, I have lost all pride since joining the Army and becoming a Mom, so it really wasn't too big of a deal! If I was still a teenager, I probably would have just died and never shopped there again!

Anyways, Mom saved a ridiculous amount of money, I think $203.00 worth of groceries for $15.00, so I guess it was worth it!

I think the moral of the story is I need to get a little more sleep if I can't even figure out how to put my shirt on correctly! Good grief I am losing it!

3 comments:

Heather said...

That is HILARIOUS!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Motherhood!

Sherri said...

Just to let you know... it's not a big deal at all. The other Moms that saw you probably smiled and had flashbacks to their own joys of infanthood! ENJOY ALL OF IT (even the mishaps...) IT GOES BY WAY TOO FAST!