Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Making things right when things were never really wrong...

When Ryan and I got married it was pretty quick, and he didn't have time to save up for a ring; and he didn't have any credit to go towards a big ring. Well, he wanted me to have something, so he purchased as much as he could and it was a modest, but pretty flawless Diamond ring. When he gave it to me he promised that one day he would make it right and get me what he really wanted to get me. I didn't dream it would be after only 2 years of marriage, but he surpised me with this a week or so ago! It is a Flawless 1 ct solitaire, and I absolutely LOVE it! He spent a fortune on it, but you don't see me asking him to take it back! ;) He really does treat me right, and I would have been happy with the other ring, but it really makes me feel special.

It's kindof funny, cause all the guys in his unit were showing off all the new cell phones and gadgets they had gotten, and were driving up in new cars to work. They asked Ryan if he had gotten anything, cause he still had his same cell phone from before deployment, and he was driving our little paid for '02 Cavalier! He sheepishly said, yeah, I got my wife a new diamond ring! Of course the guys had to get on him and make fun of him for being whipped, but if they really knew Ryan, they would know he is anything but... ;)

So, thank you sweetheart! You mean the world to me!
Here is a pic off of Zales.com... My band is a little smaller than this...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh thanks, Ryan, for making it oh so hard to keep up with the Strouds. JK I hope my wife doesn't get any ideas. That's awesome. I know what things cost and I would have totally spent that somewhere else.

Amy's Journal said...

can somone say bling!!! bling!!!

Heather said...

Wow, that's hot! =) I can't wait to see it in person!

Rachel said...

Woo-hoo! Looks like you got yourself a good man (and ring, hee hee!)

Merry Christmas!

Jackie said...

Your ring is beautiful! What a nice surprise!

Sherri said...

AWESOME! That's not whipped... that's just knowing how to keep your woman happy!!!! :-)

Heather said...

Hey, where are you these days??? I've have tried to call you a million times and it goes straight to voicemail. When are you coming back to NC? Call me when you can, I have something important to tell you.