Thursday, May 22, 2008

You better watch out, cause here he comes!

As all of you know, Gas prices are just ridiculous and it went up another 10 cents overnight and this afternoon was $3.89 a gallon! I'm sure by this time next week we'll be dreaming of the days when it was UNDER $4.00! :(

Anyways, Ryan drives about 20 miles a day round-trip which isn't a whole lot, but it does add up with these high fuel prices... He's been talking about getting a bike and riding it around the base, but we just didn't know if it'd be worth the hassle, so we then talked about maybe getting a motorized scooter... Now we all know that they look ridiculous and they aren't exactly the coolest thing to be seen riding on, but hey, this is cold hard cash we could be saving, so why should we complain! So, we headed down to the dealership on Saturday and found a little scooter that shockingly gets over 120 mpg!! That's right, 120!! Eat your hearts out! :) So after a little wheelin' and dealin' we headed home with our new purchase and trust me, I had a few laughs at Ryan's expense as he "climbed" onto MoBertha (his affectionate name for his new toy)! He's had a good ole' time tooling around the apartment complex and was finally able to the get the license and registration done today, so he's hoping to take it into work tomorrow to start the saving! ;)


We figure he'll use under 3.5 gallons a month, so we're actually paying less for the scooter and gas than we were for gas alone in the Cavalier!!! ;) We're still keeping the Cavalier of course, and he won't always take the Scooter in, but we definitely think we'll get lots of good use out of her and it really is fun to drive despite how goofy it looks!

Here are a few pics of Ryan and his "hog"! ;)

Poor Eli will always think we're taking the picture of him! ;)

Safety first! Notice all the crazy reflective material with the jacket and vest... :)

Yes, we are that cool! :)

Crackin' me up!


That's my Ryan...

Can you see me in the reflection? ;)

Look at that massive cloud of smoke coming from the beast!

Ryan looks so unimpressed by all my camera work!

5 comments:

Leigh Anne/Gramma Leigh-Leigh said...

BA,

What a way to start my day. I was totally cracking up at your comments above each picture. Ryan is way too cool for MOBERTHA. Have a great day.

Rachel said...

Hoo hoo, ha ha, that really made me laugh! Way to go Ryan! "It takes a real man to wear a pink shirt" (or tricycle, hee hee!).

Seriously, though, that's really smart of you guys. Good thinking!

Jackie said...

I wish Albert and I could get away with riding a scooter but with our occupations they just wouldn't work. I can't see one pulling his tool trailer to work everyday if so he would so have one and I don't think they would allow me to ride Bricen (3 yrs. old) around on one or we would have two parked in the driveway. Albert is filling up his truck every other day and it cost around $115 everytime. Diesel is $4.59 a gallon and it's killing us! Tell Ryan we are so jealous that he is able to save you guys money on fuel!

Unknown said...

Mobertha! I love it! Hey, I don't think that saving money is uncool! It's the coolest! ;)

Sherri said...

That is soooo funny... and soooo smart! We'd do the same thing if Danny wasn't driving all the way to Gastonia everyday on the interstate. He'd totally get run over!!!