Monday, February 25, 2008

Okay... Everyone fess up!

I want to know who else is in the "Worst Mommy of the Year Club" for letting their baby fall off the bed!? :( Well, we went up to Shorty and Barbara's for the weekend and since we didn't have Eli's crib he slept with Ryan and I on their King size guest bed. Well, he started out the night in between us, but he was exceedingly fussy, so I kept moving him around to try to get him comfortable enough to sleep. Well, somehow I managed to put him on my side of the bed and when he woke up in the morning he rolled right off the bed with a great big thud!! :( Needless to say the crying commenced followed by me trying to quickly wake up out of my fog to pick him up! As worried as I was that Eli was okay and hadn't hit his head or anything, I was just as worried hoping that Ryan wasn't going to kill me! ;) Eli falling off the bed has been a fear of his, so I knew he would not be very happy that he was sleeping on the edge of the bed when he rolled over! Thankfully though he chose to just ask how he was and not give me to much grief knowing I was already very upset at myself about it!

Anyhow, Eli is fine and surprisingly still loves me! So, fess up everyone, who else earned this?


8 comments:

barbara said...

No harm done and could have been worse.

He rolled over for the first time by himself on our carpet, so why not have the first outtabed landing, too!

YeHaw! Memories of Texas!

You and Ryan are exceptional parents! One look at Eli and no certificates are required.

More later about Ft. Worth and Salado....

Love, Barbara

Unknown said...

I definitely have deserved the WMA in the past... maybe I'll do better this time...
There was the time Haylee was balancing on the rubbermaid box at 18 mo's and ended up falling (of course) and chipping one of her front teeth! That really makes ya feel swell! :)

Rachel said...

Oh, don't feel bad. My mom told me that's why God made babies so fat. (That was her comfort when my babies fell off of the bed. And yes, they both did it. *Sigh*)

Jackie said...

I have!!! Bricen took a nap at Albert's parents house and fell off the bed and it scared us all pretty good. Albert wasn't there but he got really upset with me. It doesn't seem to have affected him any so far. LOL I have done worse since like fell out the back door and on my way down I knocked him down and not only was I banged up pretty bad he also had scrapes and bruises. There will be many more to come especially having a little boy!

CLAIRE said...

IF ONLY HE COULD GET THROUGH LIFE WITH JUST FALLING OFF THE BED. THIS IS JUST ONE OF MANY THINGS THAT WILL HAPPEN IN HIS LIFETIME. JUST HANG TOUCH AND BE ON THE LOOKOUT FOR MANY MORE MISHAPS. LOVE YOU GUYS, NANA

Amy's Journal said...

Your award should say normal mommy of the year... I dropped yes dropped sage during a dirty diaper change off the changing table he was fighting me needless to say it was the lsat time I put him eup there.. Marli rolled off our bed 2 months ago . I thought I had 2 secs to ck on Sage and she woke up and boom... You always feel worse than the child.. Wes said it tuffens them up.. He don't try to freak unless there is blood..

Sherri said...

Here here! I won this award twice with Sam: once for falling off the bed & again for dropping, yes dropping her while taking her out of the high chair.

And with Lawrie I won it thrice! All 3 were from falling from the bed... he's always been a busy-body!

Anonymous said...

*sheepish hand raised* Ashley crawled off the bed with my back turned when she was a little over 6 months. DH thought I was watching her, I thought he was watching her. End of story...THUD, WAAAAA, many tears (from baby and Mommy) and a scrap on the nose. Oh, and lesson learned. LOL
Don't worry, you are a great Mommy!! *HUGS*